There are two methods you can use to create items with MMOItems.
First method: Item Edition GUI
This method is used to create items directly in game, without the use of config files.
This is a powerful and easy-to-understand method but I'd recommend advanced users to use the second one, which is way quicker if you already know all the item stats and how they work.\
- Open the game and create your item via this command:
/mi create <ITEM_TYPE> <YOUR_ITEM_ID>
- To see all the available item types (Sword, Axe, Tool...), use /mi list type.
- Your item ID should differ from its display name. Example: the item ID for Steel Dagger would be STEEL_DAGGER. The ID is the piece of text you will use to generate, edit or remove your item using plugin commands.
- Once your item is created, the edition menu should open up. If you close the edition menu, you can still access it using this command:
/mi edit <ITEM_TYPE> <YOUR_ITEM_ID>
- On the 5th slot of the inventory, you can see your item and its current stats. You can click the gunpowder to obtain it.
- Every other item corresponds to an item stat that you can edit. Instructions on how to edit them are displayed directly in game. Once you added all the stats you wanted, get your item and have fun!
Second method: Manual Configuration
Advanced users should consider using this method as it is way faster if you already know the item stats you want to use.
- Browse the corresponding /item folder: /plugins/MMOItems/item/<item_type_name>/.
- Select your item type and open the corresponding .yml file in the \item folder.
- In the YAML config, write:
YOUR_ITEM_ID: material: YOUR_ITEM_MATERIAL
- All materials can be found here. The item material is the first thing to add since it is the only real option an item needs to be able to be generated.
- Add as much item modifiers (Abilities, Attack Damage....) as you want! You can see all modifiers (and how to configure them) on this wiki page.
- Save the file and get back on Minecraft. Use /mi <ITEM_TYPE> <YOUR_ITEM_ID> to get your item.